(1) Our school was granted $4,000 for maintaining green areas and green activities under the 2021/22 “School Greening Subsidy Scheme”
(2) Our school was granted $109,924 from the “JC Kindergarten Digital Capacity Enhancement Scheme” to support the purchase of electronic equipment and computer software so that we could make good use of these devices to enhance the learning and development of our children in the new educational norms.
(3) Our school was granted $20,000 by the Education Bureau under the “Kindergarten Education Scheme – Enhancement Grant for School Websites” to improve our school’s website.
– Support amid the pandemic:
(1) Our school received a donation in the form of “Play with Kids” Parent-Child Boxes 1 and 2 from the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust for children aged 3-6 years old. The aim of these boxes is to make more fun for children in their learning, and to boost families’ parent-child relationships at home as supporting aids during the pandemic.
(2) Our school participated in the EDB’s “Small Craft and Resource Kit Scheme” and received a grant of $80,000 to enable our teachers to design games and produce diversified learning materials for children aged 3-6, offering them sufficient resources to support their continuous learning at home.
(3) Our school was granted $16,500 from the EDB’s “Book Grant Scheme” to purchase books for each of our children aged 3-6 to encourage reading at home, and to develop their interest in reading.
(4) Our school participated in the Hong Kong Broadband Network’s “Home Learning Support Scheme” and was successful in applications for tablets, data cards and Wi-Fi modems for low-income families to support the children in learning at home.
(1) “KeySteps@JC” provided a one-off grant of $30,000 to our school for purchasing various supplies, teaching materials and equipment so that we could improve our school environment and facilities.
(2) The Learning Fund of “KeySteps@JC” donated $3,500 to each of the 9 students in our school and their families, to help them pay for goods, services and activities related to child development which support and promote their all-round development.
– Support for non-Chinese speaking students:
(1) Our school spent the $51,710 grant from the EBD’s “Support for Non-Chinese Speaking Students” for purchase of teaching materials, equipment and relevant children’s books.
(1) Our school participated in the 2nd round of “Dream Reading Program” hosted by the Unleash Foundation and supported by the EDB. So far, we have received a total of 501 personalized books for our children to read.
(2) Our school received $15,211 under the EDB’s “Promotion of Reading Grant for Kindergartens Pilot Scheme”. This is used to purchase books, host parent talks and promote reading activities.
(3) Our school was invited to participate in the “Uncle Tien English Reading Program” in which the digital reading pens and storybooks are provided to our Senior Class students for development in their interest and confidence in the use of English.